Kivvit is a Public Affairs, PR, and communications consulting firm with offices in Chicago, New York City, New Jersey, Miami, and Washington D.C. At about 70 full-time staff, our firm is growing and so are our needs in financial and administrative oversight.
What is the job?
Kivvit seeks a full-charge bookkeeper to join our Chicago-based finance and administrative team to manage billing, expense reports, project budgets, month-end financial closing, and administrative office tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess great knowledge of financial accounting, be detail-oriented and very organized, and follow-through on assignments and responsibilities. The role will also require working closely with people from all offices and directly interfacing with clients, so great communications skills are a must.
Experience working for a small to mid-size business is preferred, as the position will require handling multiple projects as part of a growing team. Work may include occasional administrative tasks, such as interfacing with our external IT team, ordering supplies, or helping with office events.
- Monthly Billing – Prepare monthly retainer and hourly consulting invoices for our clients
- Manage Client Budgets – Clients often provide us with funds for advertising campaigns and other work. Sometimes the work changes and funds must be shifted between projects. It’s important to be comfortable tracking spending and providing regular updates to the client team.
- Accounts Receivable – Review client balances on a regular basis and follow up with clients when invoices become overdue
- Client Contract Management – Ensure we have recent and active contract for all the clients you oversee
- Accounts Payable – Record and manage vendor payments. Ensure payments go out when work has been completed.
- Expense Reports - Process corporate credit card expense reports and ensure billable expenses are properly invoiced to clients
- Time Sheets – Review time sheet entries and ensure people are entering all of their consulting time
- Financial Forecast – Assist CFO with updates to the annual Financial Forecast
- Bank Statement Reconciliation
- Payroll & HR – Process payroll and provide benefit trainings to staff
- Administrative Assistance – Order office supplies, assist remote IT team, provide new hire orientation and setup
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience. Preferably performing accounting/finance functions for a professional services firm.
- Good knowledge of financial accounting (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Debits & Credits)
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Excel
- Experience with expense reporting software such as Concur or Expensify
- Must be very organized and good at record-keeping
- Experience processing payroll and explaining benefit plans to staff
- Ability to learn new skills and take on responsibility for various administrative tasks. Be a jack-of-all-trades.
- Innovative - Figure out solutions to improve administrative and finance functions firm-wide.
- IT / Technology / Software Proficiency – You should be very comfortable using a variety of different software tools to perform finance and administrative tasks.
- You will work with people across 5 different offices, so good communication skills are a must.
What are the perks & benefits?
- Medical, dental, life, and disability insurance - Kivvit offers exceptional low-deductible health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. The best part: it’s free for employees and Kivvit pays about 85% of dependents’ premiums.
- 401(k) plan - Pre-tax and after-tax (Roth) contributions with company match
- 12 weeks paid maternity leave
- Catered food and company outings – The offices enjoy catered lunches a couple times a week, as well as periodic staff outings and annual staff reatreats.
- Stocked kitchen- Healthy snacks, coffee, water & pop
- Beer Friday - Finish the week off with a cold beer
- Education reimbursement - $1,000 annual education reimbursement or more on a case-by-case basis
- Free late night meals and taxi - If you happen to find yourself late at the office, we’ll take care of you. Have dinner and taxi back home on us.