Kivvit is a strategic communications firm that specializes in public affairs, reputational, and crisis mitigation campaigns. In 2016, The Holmes Report ranked Kivvit as one of the top 50 PR agencies in the United States. Our award winning team of professionals across five offices comprises leaders from government, politics, journalism, advocacy and business.
Kivvit NYC is seeking an associate to serve as the senior support role on a diverse portfolio of client accounts. Associates are integral to the day-to-day operations. You will be exposed to nearly every element of modern communications. As a result, having prior political or advocacy campaign experience will be a significant asset.
The associate position is an opportunity for a strategic, creative and hard-working individual to join a culture that values innovative ideas, professional growth and immersive problem solving.
This position is based in New York City.
As an associate at Kivvit you will:
- Support day-to-day client interaction and strategy implementation for a portfolio of clients
- Work at the center of the issues of the day
- Create and manage campaign work plans, account budgets and timeliness
- Oversee the development of campaign strategies that integrate public relations, digital, social media, grassroots organizing, events and other innovative tactics
- Aid in new business identification, proposals and pitches
- Develop content including website copy, social media posts, weekly campaign reports, presentations and more
- Collaborate with Kivvit’s design team to create compelling visual content and creative products (e.g. advertisements, brochures, infographics.)
The associate must be able to:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of social/political/economic issues relevant to client work
- Quickly understand and analyze complex client challenges
- Manage timelines, budgets, vendors and personnel in a highly organized and efficient fashion
- Communicate professionally – this role will include interface with clients, media and other external audiences
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-profile environment
- Manage junior staff and trainees on large projects
- Distill critical data points and narratives through research
- Meet deadlines, troubleshoot and manage multiple projects at once
Ideal applicants for the associate position will:
- Excellent writing, editing, research and presentation skills
- Understanding of political and policy issues
- Intellectual curiosity about policy issues and industries and where the two intersect
- Campaign and/or agency experience
- Knowledge about digital communications tools and social media
- Superior organizational skills and a meticulous attention to detail
- A proven track record of successfully completing projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)