Kivvit is a full-service public affairs and communications firm serving the Chicago, Miami, New Jersey, New York, and Washington D.C., markets.
As a member of the Design Department, this position will be part of our national design team. The work will include creating and leading visual assets for a range of visual communication including advertising, presentations, infographics, digital, web, mobile, illustrations, logos, banner campaigns, style guides, and brand development.
The position requires an original thinker who is skilled at forming creative and strategic concepts and bringing them to life in a visual way. Successful candidates will collaborate well across our team, and understand the balance and problem solving required to produce solid creative work that also meets our objectives.
This is a paid position that will be based in our Chicago office, requiring 35-40hrs per week.
The ideal candidate will be a current student working towards a BFA in Graphic Design. This position calls for a hands-on, multi-tasker with a strong sense of concept development, layout, color and typography.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design and develop projects from concept to production
- Electronic materials, collateral materials, direct mail, event signage and packaging, template posters, program inserts and ads
- Maintain files in digital assets management system
- Strong project and process management skills
- Excellent technical/computer skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player yet able to work independently
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in fast paced environment
- Must be autonomous and pro-active
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat)
- Experience with HTML, Flash, web, video capabilities would be a plus
- Capable of incorporating feedback and direction
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
This is a paid internship.
Please send your resume and website portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only consider applicants with these materials.