Kivvit is looking for new Fall Public Affairs Trainees who want to join a dynamic team and get hands-on experience in public affairs and communications. If you’re a politico, policy wonk, news hound, or campaign junkie, you’ve found the right firm.
We invite you to apply to our innovative paid trainee program. Trainees contribute substantively to our team’s day-to-day work, applying their creativity and enthusiasm in a fast-paced and professional environment.
Kivvit trainees will routinely assist with the firm’s core work areas: in-depth research, public affairs campaign management, media and public relations, strategic consulting, tactical messaging, corporate positioning, grassroots advocacy, digital campaigning, and issue advocacy.
Daily responsibilities will include researching, preparing reports, assisting staff on client requests, and helping on a variety of office responsibilities. Interns will work directly with senior staff to meet client needs. We invest in our interns and offer a professional mentorship program to help maximize the Kivvit trainee experience.
Kivvit trainees will be paid a competitive monthly stipend. Kivvit hires both full- and part-time interns. We require a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week. The trainee program runs between three to four months with the possibility to extend. This position is located in our NJ office in downtown Asbury Park.
- Current college student or recent graduate (1-3 years)
- Exceptional writing and research skills
- Dedicated self-starters with a can-do a attitude a must
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of local and national policies and current events
- Background in politics, econ, business, or journalism strongly desired
- Experience on campaigns a plus
- Experience with digital media and advertising a plus
- Proficiency with Mac OS and Microsoft Office programs
- Proof of eligibility to begin work in the U.S. immediately
Our Fall trainee semester will start in early September.